Stories lived, imagined, collected, shared.
Also, let’s be honest: sometimes I have my stuff together, sometimes I’m all over the place.
Why subscribe to Gathered and Scattered?
I guess—from my perspective anyway—because it helps with the whole gathering part of this endeavor. I’ve always liked gathering people I know from varying contexts all together. It makes for really interesting conversations and even personal growth when we’re open to it!
Also, some have observed that I have a lot of different things going on at any given time (a “Jenn of all trades, master of none” situation here, probably), and so here’s where I’m gathering all the things I do and think about in one place in hopes of sharing them with you.
You may subscribe to posts here, or–if you want to manage your subscription by content or ensure you don’t miss anything–subscribe to this same content (plus some additional exclusive offerings and the archives) on Substack. Either way, I hope you’ll stick around and join in the conversation.
Focus on Your Interests
I’m optimistic that I’ll have a set schedule for posts here by the end of the week, but you can anticipate the following general categories:
- Notes on Pilgrimage – Coming events and things we’re thinking about at the Pilgrimage Online
- That’s a Jenn Story – Real life ridiculous and sublime–and everything in between
- Bible Stories – Reflections from my own interactions with the Bible, and/or first-person retellings of Bible stories
- Writing About Writing – Need I say more?
- Art Spotlight – Sometimes I make stuff and want to tell you about it
Whether we’re talking about Jesus, the Bible, and spiritual formation; other books, writing, and art; or even the ridiculous-to-sublime events of our lives, I’m glad to be here with you.
As I say at the end of my Pilgrimage emails, Travel well.